Friday, August 12, 2005

Ok, I'll admit it...

I am the poster "forum watcher" on the Gutshot forum.

Now, I have to choose my words to describe why I made the two posts pretty carefully in order to keep my new resolution of not slagging off the Gutshot "Collective". (The more I look at the word collective after the word Gutshot the more incongruous it looks!).

Anyways, here goes:

About a week ago I spied a post by "the truth" on the pokerineurope forum. It described how one of the Gutshot WSOP qualifiers was allegedly forced to play the main event with a ticket in the name of Gutshot supremo Mr Barry Martin. Now, as the only thing which inhabits the the PIE forum these days are a few tumbleweeds, me and probably DY I thought it wise to repost the allegation on the Gutshot forum itself. I decided to use an anonymous ID because I thought if I posted it in my name the response would be something like "What business is it of yours? You've never been to Gutshot".

At this moment it must be stressed how important it is to have a ticket for the WSOP in your name. The Rio stressed you cannot get a refund or transfer your ticket. Why this was, I don't know. I think it was a pretty crappy rule, but a rule it was nonetheless.

The first time I posted the allegation it got hijacked by an attack on Game for Life. And there was virtually no debate on the serious alleagtions. So I reposted it. This time we got a debate. Other allegations surfaced. Gutshot qualifiers were forced to share rooms. Would you like to share a room with Pedro for example? But, more seriously a poster suggested that the Gutshot qualifier in question played in seat won by Mr Martin in an online qualifier. The player was asked several times was he indeed Mr Martin. Understandably the worry he was playing illegally and might be disqualified affected his performance severely and he was knocked out very early. Who is to say if he went deep into the tournament he would have been paid his prize money anyways?

The thread is called "Blimey" if you want to check it out.

But, you should be warned that alot of the posts in this thread have been deleted. As far as I know, none in the oginal thread which became a discussion on Davey Newth "More Gutshot Sleaze" have been deleted. Which makes you wonder what exactly Gutshot have to hide.

It's a bit like the rake issue. It's not the amount of rake which Gutshot take which is an issue it's the Gutshot's management refusal to debate it which is disturbing. In this case noone in the Gutshot hierachy chose to respond to the allegations. Do you not agree this is somewhat surprising?


Update: I should have checked the Gutshot forum one more time before I posted this. Derek Kelly has posted a response to the allegation now. It all seems pretty plausible but he doesn't mention if the player used an online qualification in the name of Barry Martin. If he did, this is still bang out of order. If he didn't the it all seems reasonable.

Also, why were so many posts in this thread deleted?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch out next time your in london.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

"Now, as the only thing which inhabits the the PIE forum these days are a few tumbleweeds, me and probably DY "

Don't forget Action Jockstrap :-)

I've lost your phone number. Give me a bell if you're going to football tomorrow.

Andy.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you had to produce passport or similar ID to get your slip for the WSOP-I did, and I thought it would be the same procedure to collect any prizemoney.

Unfortunately I never had the chance to find out :(

Karabiner

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you had to produce passport or similar ID to get your slip for the WSOP-I did, and I thought it would be the same procedure to collect any prizemoney.

Unfortunately I never had the chance to find out :(

Karabiner

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heard you the 1st time

7:18 PM  
Blogger David Young said...

Keith,

I don't think I've posted on the PIE forum for a long time. A quick check reveals nothing from me since 30th November last year!

DY

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The best thing to do is ignore them for the garbage they are and get behind Davey, Angie and the charity and support all the, undoubted, great things they are doing."

But the camel is also the poster charity watch, which does nothing else but slag of Davey and Angie!!

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Charity Watch did no such thing. The person on PIE posting as The Truth was quite clearly not Davey Newth or nothing to do with him. The PIE forum has a post saying this almost immediately.
Nothing in the Charity Watch post slagged off Davey and Angie. This was left to the ususal morons on the Gutshot forum.
Why not try reading all the posts in question.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS
Sorry that should have read 'Forum Watcher' as the Camel posted under not Charity Watch. Now it is me not reading the post correctly

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Camel the world awaits the story of your glorious victory at Sheffield and ascension to the top of the rankings.
PS does this Steve Bennett fancy u or something, he won't leave you alone, its creepy.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was on B Martin's name. 100 % true. i was there with them. he was gutted about the whole situaion.

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your ruminations, Mr. Camel. If you ever need to be one blinging camel, check out this hip hop jewelry at www.ballersice.com.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com