Thursday, June 23, 2005

In the Interests of Accuracy

Anonymous said in a comment about the hand where I lost my chips in the $2000 PLHE:

"Fuck?

You called 2 potsized bets with 910 on the assumption you might be winning. Then got screwed. You started with trash and ended with trash.

Why is it that ur clever when you win with this hand but they are idiots for calling when you lose?"

I made a typo. I had 98 diamonds (not T9) and flopped bottom two pair.

However his point is valid that I called with trash and got screwed.

In defence, I often play hands like this in this way. What success I've had playing poker involves playing pots like this. I will not sit and wait for aces. That's the way it is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Felicia :) said...

Sorry I didn't see you at Rio, Keith. Someone said you were looking for me, or asked about me (or something!).

I'll be back on Tuesday if you will still be around. Look for me, I'll look for you, too.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone who calls suited connectors trash really doesnt play too much tournament poker. If we all sat and waited for aces/kings it would be a very boring game and the luckiest player would win. Will see you out in Vegas next week Keith ( I assume you are going back out for the main event ).Hope your blog doesn't go down thm route with people flaming annonomously- If you want to have a pop at keith at least have the balls to put your name to it, hes a big lad and I am sure he can handle it.
ariston

4:26 AM  
Blogger The Camel said...

Hi Felicia,

Hope you're having a good series.

No, it wasn't me looking for you although I look forward to saying hello when I get back to the Rio next week.

Take care,

Keith

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com