Thursday, February 10, 2005

At the Risk of Annoying Big Dave D...

....because I know he hates the mindless cheering on of players in big finals when the writer has no financial interest. He calls it "Doyles Disease" I believe..

But, in the final of the PPT in Los Angeles is a guy who epitomises the phrase "good bloke", who hasn't had the best rub of the green for the last couple of years and has done more from me than I can over hope to repay.

So, just this once. I think I'm justified in saying COME ON ASHER MY SON!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave D said...

The key component of Doyle's Disease is that you do not know the individual AT ALL...a bit like 90% of the posts on THM. So clearly this doesn't count. I'm not sure what surprised me more about that final table...Dan N there again, or Chris Bigler! It looks like Chris is starting to justify the ridiculous price Mike Paullie put on him...maybe he knows something after all...

gl

dd

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But a bit of a bummer that big Dave C exited 7th as Final Table bubble boy. He deserves a break too. But then I guess I would say that, eh?

Tikay.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

Paul Phillips was most unamused at being priced 5 times higher than Hellmuth, and alongside Gabe Kaplan.

I should point out though that there are people playing poker with much bigger problems than finishing on the bubble in a huge freeroll. Tough old life sometimes.

Andy.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Felicia :) said...

I, too, like Asher very much. We have had some interesting times together since I joined the circuit (and haven't won much of a frigging thing, incidentally).

I will miss him when he takes a year off.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com