Friday, October 15, 2004

If you're reading this Christopher, I must apologise..

A pedantic commenter (my money's on Bob Pigg) pulls me up that I incorrectly spelt Superman's name in my post "A Fitting Tribute?".

His name was, of course, Christoper Reeve. I purely copied it from the 'Stars site and clean forgot.

But, the comment reminded me of an incicident involving the bumbling buffoon who played briefly upfront for the superhoops, Alan Brazil, when he was employed with Mike Parry on the breakfast show of Talksport.

It went something like this..

Brazil: "I've just been given some very sad news, actor John Shaw, who starred as Inspector Morse in the long running tv series, has sadly died today"

Parry: "Alan, Alan, Alan, it's John THAW not John SHAW"

Brazil: "Oh my God! I'm so sorry. John, if you're listening I really apologise..."

4 Comments:

Blogger Andy_Ward said...

Here's a more recent "Brazil Nuts" example, in fact just before Brazil went on a Chris Evans' style "leave of absence". The necessary context is that this is the morning after Wayne Rooney's hat trick against the Turkish side Fenerbahce

Newsreader finishes final story, about a bomb explosion in an embassy in Turkey (with fatalities)

Brazil : And of course the Turks had three more bombs dropped on them last night !

Newsreader : Er ... yes, but that's not really the same.

Andy.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how have i lived my life to this point without realising the legendary camel shared a birthday with oscar wilde? happy birthday keith, i look forward to your next pearls of wisdom,
the ever pedantic BP.

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great site

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bold brazil got nonced at celtic bhoys club, fenian child abuse eloving cunts

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com