Sunday, September 05, 2004

System working well... send more money

It's impossible to know exactly whether my decision to give up playing heads-up matches on PokerStars will improve my tournament play.

It's only been about 3 weeks, but the signs are hopeful. I have started to play better in the 'Stars multi table events I have particatipated in. I came 3rd in the Sunday night $100 rebuy event. I have played ten $10+1 rebuy events (which tend to have anywhere up to 800 runners) and made the money 5 times and the last two tables twice. I have only tilted out of maybe 3 tournaments. And I'm pleased to report my obsession with the "info" tab has been quelled.

I have been playing a few cash games on betfair. Two reasons: 1. I am trying to improve my patience 2. The games are just stunning.

One thing for is for certain. I am certainly hungry (before anyone anyone asks, when am I not hungry?), I feel ready to perform at my best again. I've got my mojo back.

So, it's with hopes high I am back on the WPT trail. I've decided to duck the first event of the EPT at Barcelona and head off to The East Coast of the USA. Katharine and I are having a week's holiday in New York (Got tickets for the NFL week 1 game between the Jets and the Bengals) and I'm sure we shall do all the sightseeing bits and visit the Guggenheim and the Met plus try and catch something on Broadway.

Then it's a three hour Greyhound ride to Atlantic City for the tournament at the Borgata. Asher told me last year this event was the best value he's ever played, with 4 players on his table in the big event who had never played a live tournament ever before. Frightening. The Borgata is supposed to be last word in luxury.

It is my first trip to AC, so if anyone knows any "must go" places, or things to avoid in the city: I would appreciate the knowledge.

Let's hope the reality of the trip lives up to the expectation. I am playing 3 events and will be most disppointed if I don't make a decent showing in at least one of them.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com